This is a response that I have created to the word "Memories". The way this piece of artwork has developed is mainly through Photoshop and the artist CousCous Kid. The way that CousCous Kid merged graphic designs with real-life photographs is what attracted me to this artist. I wanted to take this idea and develop a response from it. From the word "Memories" I researched into other people's memories and how other cultures remember their loved ones. From this, I learned that certain cultures use shrines to keep their memories alive and how they remember the living in addition to remembering the dead. For my response I created a shrine to me and the items that interest me from music to video games. The way I created this response is through sketches and digitally manipulated images. I began by designing the centre skull that would be the focus point for the entire response. I created this by first drawing it in pencil then, after completing it, I went over the pencil in fine liner pen so that it could be scanned into the computer. From this I took 6 separate pieces of A4 paper then drew a section of the outlined skull onto an end of an A4 sheet of paper. This is so that I can design each section of the image individually. I designed the six stems coming off the skull in the centre the same way I designed the centre. After I designed them all, I scanned each one into the computer and pieced them together in Photoshop. To finish of my piece, I took photographs of items that meant something to me in some way and manipulated them in Photoshop. After this, I put the manipulated images in with the designs, then printed it out and framed it in a black frame so that it can be shown.

No comments:
Post a Comment