This is an animation that I created for the final unit of my Creative and Media Diploma. We was given the word "Environment" and we had to create an animation from this word. I developed my response from the idea of humans harming the environment but more specifically plants. I looked into the 1960's film "The Day of the Triffids" based of the 1950's book of the same name which was about plants rising up and attacking humans. I decided to create the animation using stop frame. I felt like this was the most suitable design choice for the animation because plants grow gradually over time and if you where to create a time-lapse of a plant growing it basically looks like a stop-frame animation. In the animation it has a small plant forming into a larger plant only to be attacked by a human. The plant then turns on the human and kills him.
Tuesday, 15 January 2013
Creative and Media: Unit 7 "Environment" Animation
This is an animation that I created for the final unit of my Creative and Media Diploma. We was given the word "Environment" and we had to create an animation from this word. I developed my response from the idea of humans harming the environment but more specifically plants. I looked into the 1960's film "The Day of the Triffids" based of the 1950's book of the same name which was about plants rising up and attacking humans. I decided to create the animation using stop frame. I felt like this was the most suitable design choice for the animation because plants grow gradually over time and if you where to create a time-lapse of a plant growing it basically looks like a stop-frame animation. In the animation it has a small plant forming into a larger plant only to be attacked by a human. The plant then turns on the human and kills him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment